I have missed blogging...
I missed picking out things to make, cooking , photographing and posting it. I have been overwhelmed by certain events for the past six months and this site was one of the casualties.
I have already made two batches of this blondie recipe to ease myself into baking mode again. I made this other recipe awhile back but this one is just as good. It is a straightforward recipe that is especially handy when one needs to make something sweet that comes together in the time it takes to heat the oven , with the help of a Kitchen Aid stand mixer of course- can't beat that :))
Blondies with Chocolate Chips & Walnuts - adapted from Martha Stewart
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. I have used Ghiradelli semisweet chocolate chips.
2 sticks ( half pound) of unsalted butter
1cup brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp instant espresso or coffee powder
Line 9 by 13 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Cream butter , both sugars and salt until pale and smooth. Add in eggs ,vanilla extract and mix until combined. Fold in flour, a cup each of semisweet chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
Pour into prepared baking pan and smooth surface. Sprinkle half a cup each of chopped walnuts and semisweet chocolate chips on top. Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden ( insert centre with tooth pick ,it is done if toothpick comes out clean). Cool on a rack and cut into pieces.


Comments
Post a Comment